For over a half century, a corrugated metal roof has protected Chamberlin Mill from decline. This summer, the roof has been replaced in kind. We hope it will last another 50 years!
Replacement roof in the works.
Andy Quigley and others are at work restoring the 1873 Lane # 1 Saw in hopes that it will run before another year is out. The team is always looking for spare parts.
The Connecticut Trust for Historic Preservation has included Chamberlin Mill in its new “Making Places – Historic Mills of Connecticut” website: www.connecticutmills.org. This comprehensive listing of mills of all sizes from all corners of the state is the most definitive listing currently available. It is interesting to note that the Chamberlin circular sawmill and the Ledyard up-down sawmill appear to be the only two publicly accessible historic sawmills in the state that continue to serve their original purpose.